Acorns & Oaks
“Teaching children about the natural world should be seen as one of the most important events in their lives.” ~Thomas Berry
Perhaps you don’t want to miss out on the wonder, joy, curiosity, confidence, and adventure that your child experiences while at forest and nature school, so join them! Children and their parents/caregivers play, learn and grow in nature TOGETHER during the Acorns & Oaks program. This program is ideally suited for children aged 2-5, and offers a wide variety of child-led nature-rich experiences for you and your child.
- Parent/caregiver-assisted half-day program for younger children.
- Participant must be at least 2 years old and no more than 5 years old by the time the session ends.
- Siblings under two may accompany the parent but are the sole responsibility of the parent.
- Snacks & lunch are the responsibility of the parent.
- Program runs from 9:00am-1:00pm.
- Registration required, space for 16 participants per session.
- $30/day, once a week, number of weeks varies per session.
- $100 non-refundable deposit is required upon successful registration. (within 48 hours of receipt of your confirmation email)
- Fees must be paid in full 2 weeks before session start date (3 weeks for Winter session due to holidays).
- Due to the nature of registration and the high level of interest in these programs, you may be placed on a waitlist. Registration and waitlist will processed on a first come first served basis.
Wednesdays – September 4-December 18 (16 weeks)
FALL 2019 (Round 2)
Wednesdays – October 2-December 18 (12 weeks)
Wednesdays – January 8-March 25 (12 weeks)
*Registration will open December 2, 2019
Wednesdays – April 1-June 24 (13 weeks)
*Registration will open March 2, 2020
*KFNS programming is “rain or shine”, however we reserve the right to cancel programming in extreme or unsafe weather conditions.
*KFNS does not run programming on holidays or during the two-week school break between December and January.