“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in tune once more.” ~John Burroughs
Can’t commit to any kind of regular programming? Want to test before you invest? Join us for one of our drop-in sessions. Much like the Acorns & Oaks program, our drop-in sessions allow children and their parents/caregivers to play, learn and grow in nature TOGETHER. This program is open to children aged 18 months-12 years, and offers a wide variety of child-led nature-rich experiences for you and your child.
- Parent/caregiver-assisted half-day program for children 18 months to 12 years. (children outside of this age range are welcomed, however programming and activities are best suited for those ages)
- Snacks & lunch are the responsibility of the parent.
- Program runs from 9:30am-12:00pm. Please arrive by 9:30am latest and feel free to leave as suits your schedule.
- Registration NOT required (but please let us know if you're coming so we don't leave without you and can plan for you), however an Assumption of Risk/Informed Consent Form must be signed before attending.
- Suggested donation of $10/child, larger donations are always welcomed :)
PLEASE RSVP to help with planning/staffing.
These event will take place rain or shine. We meet in the grass parking lot at the end of the driveway. We expect you to arrive on time, with form signed (printed or submitted online prior to arrival) and cash donation in hand (or e-transfer sent prior to arrival).
Roots, rocks, ticks, other biting insects, risky play, loose parts (we will be engaging in loose parts play which may not be appropriate for the littlest ones), etc.
Long pants tucked into socks, closed-toe footwear, waterproof clothing/footwear if it has recently rained, water, snacks, bug spray, sunscreen, sun hat, picnic blanket, carrier for little ones (all-terrain strollers can work, other strollers are strongly advised against), $10/child CASH donation.
Thursday, October 10
Tuesday, October 17
Thursday, October 24
Thursday, October 31
Saturday, October 26 **9:30-11:30** (ends 30 minutes earlier)
*KFNS programming is “rain or shine”, however we reserve the right to cancel programming in extreme or unsafe weather conditions.
*KFNS does not run programming on holidays or during the two-week school break between December and January.